ThemeEarth Government for Earth Community
A grassroots process
Global Dialogue 2002 was held August 17-22, year
in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Link to the original website of Global Dialogue 2002 here.
To members of Earth Community Organization and new Participants
Summarizing results and Closing Ceremonies for the conference will be held August 17-22, 2002 in the Toronto area, Ontario, Canada.
The theme of the new Global Dialogue on Earth Management - all Peoples together is "Earth Government for Earth Community, a grassroots process". Earth has long been waiting for a truly global governing body based on universal values, global concepts and democracy. Earth Government might as well be created now, there is no longer any reason to wait. We are the Earth Community and we will form Earth Government. Earth management is a priority and is a duty of every responsible person on Earth. Also, part of the theme is the concern of all issues related to the management of Earth with respect to the availability of resources, the environment, social and economic development aspects. All these issues and concerns were discussed during the World Congress on Managing and Measuring Sustainable Development - Global Community Action 1 held on August 2000. Now for the next stage - the management of Earth. We found during the World Congress that there were several universal values and global concepts that connect all communities and societies to each other. Proper Earth management is a necessity and requires all peoples to unite and actually manage the planet. Local and global policies need to be developed and implemented by every community. Every person on Earth is responsible for this very important duty. The time for action is now - positive and constructive actions to sustain Earth. The new Global Dialogue on Earth Management - all Peoples together has the mandate to conduct and implement positive and constructive actions all over the planet. It is a grassroots process involving everyone as part of the Earth Community. Participants from all sectors and walks of life will describe and explain the actions they have performed in their own homes, communities or in any other place on the planet. Everyone is responsible for the proper management of Earth and therefore everyone is invited to submit research papers, Vision statements, actions conducted in sustaining Earth, results of brain-storming exercises, comments and recommendations.
All previous announcements are also posted on the The Global Community WebNet. The new Global Dialogue is well on its way. We have received excellent abstracts and a few papers have already been submitted. They are posted on this website. Original papers cover http://globalcommunitywebnet.com/Dialogue2002/Issues2002.htm including Earth Management issues. Several Discussion Roundtables are in the process of being organized. The final deadline for submission of individual abstracts and papers, videos, presentations, panel discussions and workshop proposals, facilitated groups, and of photographic, poster and dramatic displays dealing with pertinent themes, and students' creative work is March 24, year 2002. Make sure you include recommendations, policies or workable sound solutions in your abstract and Paper. Read the criteria for submission in the Call for Papers.
There are no http://members.rogers.com/earthcommunity/registration.htm fees required from anyone.
We are asking members of Earth Community and participants in the global dialogue to submit any of the following work:
* A research paper(s) as per scientific criteria described in the Call for Papers; your paper is a publication and will appear in the Proceedings to be published shortly after the conference in August 2002. Abstracts are now published in the Final Program.
* Your Vision of Earth in year 2024; we are referring you to the World Congress on Managing and Measuring Sustainable Development - Global Community Action 1 for more details on how this may be accomplished (the Vision statement has been updated to show results obtained during the World Congress); however, this time a new element has been added - an interim Earth Government will be formed soon and we want you to reflect on future effects of such an event on the history of humanity. Certainly one will expect extraordinary changes: a reorganizing of human activities all over the planet; participation by all societies on the planet in solving local and global problems; new alliances forming and/or old ones strengthening; north meeting with south (eradication of poverty will be the price to pay to get votes from the south) in order to gather more votes within the newly created Earth Government to satisfy power struggles between European countries, Asian countries and the Western countries; adoption of democratic principles, human rights, global concepts, and universal values by every human being; expansion of consciousness; gathering of forces to resolve social and political problems in a peaceful way (no more conflicts and wars); gathering of forces (technologies, scientific research, exploration work, human resources, etc.) to resolve global problems such as global climate, environment, resources, poverty, employment, etc. Thousands more changes! Let your heart and mind reflect on 'the good' of a democratically elected Earth Government. There is so much to learn from one another! And we have no choice! It was well explained during the World Congress on Managing and Measuring Sustainable Development - Global Community Action 1 that this is a natural reaction for the survival of our species. Our species is in the process to rid itself of old ways, old thoughts that dont work and are threatening its survival on Earth. Certainly we all see this is happening! It is an evolutionary stage in our development and the leap will be completed within a generation.
* Results of brain-storming exercises on issues (see list of all issues in the previous global dialogue).
* The design of an Earth flag; a campaign to create an Earth flag is going on right now and I call upon and encourage students from all over the planet to participate in the design of the Earth flag. It will be their first unified achievement. Children's education is also part of the theme for this global dialogue. There is a need to train the next generation in the skills of collaborating in the future management of global change, which will be vital to survival. Students of all levels (school, college, technical, university) are invited to participate in Earth Community projects. They are asked to produce any creative work of their vision of what Earth Management - all Peoples together can accomplish ~ in the fields of zoology, biology, on history, on geography, on social and political sciences, on agriculture, energy, earth sciences, forestry, communications, wilderness, pollution, on the water supplies of the world, poverty, employment, social justice, human rights, universal values, global concepts, business and economy, availability of resources and so on.
* Comments and recommendations on ideas proposed so far and on research papers to be submitted; we want to hear your opinion and views.
* Positive and constructive actions in sustaining Earth. These are actions learned from the previous Global Dialogue or new ones. Participants from all sectors of life will describe and explain actions that they have performed in their own homes, communities, business places or in any other places on the planet. Depending on whether we find a sponsor to promote the Global Dialogue we hope to be able to present your videos, CDs or other productions on our website.
* Articles for publishing in December 2000 Newsletters and making them available on the Internet. Newsletters will be posted on Earth Community website (to be made available soon). Make sure you specify that it is an article for the Newsletters and not a research paper.
As was previously done August 2000, during the World Congress on Managing and Measuring Sustainable Development - Global Community Action 1, this new Global Dialogue will also have people from all over the planet participating interactively from their own homes, communities, universities or other community sites. The Internet and email will be used to communicate results and Proceedings. But this time we will also have a physical site for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies and a period for summarizing results during August 17-22, 2002.
We are now accepting proposals for a physical site for the year 2002 Global Dialogue. A Trade Show will be part of the conference. Individuals, businesses and organizations with pertinent products and services, new and sustainable techniques and technologies, and art works may sent their proposals as well.
Between now and August 2002 we will have created the Interim Earth
Government for Earth Community. The Interim Earth Government for Earth
Community will govern for as long as necessary to create the democratic
structure of the government and to put in place the voting system it
requires. Officers and Ministers of the Interim Earth Government will be required to
work as a team. I am the first President.
(I was in fact elected by acclamation during the World Congress. Over the past several years we have invited the world to participate in forming the Earth Community Organization;
during the World Congress, I was the only one who wanted to be President and the greater majority of our members have accepted me; in the meantime we changed
our name to Earth Government but the global concepts, universal values, democracy are all the same; just the name has changed).
I will choose my team. Those interested to become officers or ministers please submit your CV,
three references, and a five page essay on why you want to become an officer
or a minister. There is an urgent need to fill the following positions:
Vice-president, Secretary-General (this position was created and reserved for the United Nations Secretary General),
Minister of Human and Family Development,
Minister of Environment, Minister of
Resources, Minister of Economic Development, Minister of Social Development,
Minister of Earth Negotiations, Minister of the Earth flag, Minister of Earth Council and Earth Charter.
Several criteria will be taken into account: qualifications of the candidate
for leadership, past record as a good citizen, no criminal records, your
own financial support (we dont have any funds to pay anyone and for anything),
and proven experience and competence in the position. Candidates work strictly
on a volunteer basis. You are also required to have accepted in your heart
and mind universal values, global concepts, democratic principles, and
human rights as obtained and defined in the previous global dialogue. The
immediate goals of Earth Government are to help humanity and other governments
in the world. For now, several of our objectives are very similar to those
of the Global Community Assessment Centre. The deadline for submission
of your proposal is January 1st, 2001.
Perhaps a question on everyone's mind is how do
we get billions of people to vote democratically for the Earth Government?
This may seems like an impossible task. What voting system would satisfy us all? This is an issue and also a Discussion Roundtable.
Headquarters are at the address shown below but will be moved after a properly conducted democratic election. In the mean time the interim Earth Government will administer the affairs.
Take this opportunity to make all life on Earth better.
May the DIVINE WILL come into our lives and show
us the way.
Websites of The Global Community
Websites of The Global Community
Copyright © 2001 Global Community WebNet Ltd.