Global Dialogue August 1 -22, 2002
Earth Management - all Peoples together
ThemeEarth Government for Earth Community
A grassroots process
This new global dialogue will be held August 1-22, year
in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In August 2002 we will all meet together to claim our birth right of electing a democratic government to manage Earth: the rights to vote and elect our representatives. We want nothing less! They are our human rights! Each and everyone of us on Earth was born free and equal in dignity and rights. Respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms is one of the characteristics of a democracy. The typical fundamental freedoms of a democracy (freedom of expression, thought, assembly, and association) are themselves part of human rights. These freedoms can exist everywhere. Democracy is a political system based on the participation of the people. It foresees the separation of powers among the judiciary, the legislative and the executive authorities, as well as free and regular elections.
This third millennium is a new challenge. New standards, goals and objectives have to be defined. Firm universal guidelines are essentials in keeping the world healthy. When a group of ordinary people realized they, personally, will make the changes they need in their fields, in their village, in their communities, they can then find ways to bring about these changes for all. There is a wisdom in the ways of very humble people that needs to be utilized. Every humble person deserves to have ideas respected, and encouraged to develop his or her own life for the better. Sound solutions to help manage and sustain Earth will very likely be found this way. Everyone can help assess the needs of the planet and propose sound solutions for its proper management, present and future. Everyone can think of better ideas to sustain all life on Earth and realize these ideas by conducting positive and constructive actions. When there is a need to find a solution to a problem or a concern, a sound solution would be to choose a measure or conduct an action, if possible, which causes reversible damage as opposed to a measure causing an irreversible loss; that is the grassroots process. Earth Community Organization can help you realized your actions by coordinating efforts efficiently together.
Right now you can use your skills, knowledge and abilities help bring about the best kind of changes in the world by connecting with us in our aim to form Earth Government. We invite you to participate in the grassroots process to ensure a sound future for Earth. We want you to come to Toronto in August 2002 to show and share your strengths.
Earth has long been waiting for a truly global governing body based on universal values, human rights, global concepts and democracy. Earth Government might as well be created now, there is no longer any reason to wait. We are the Earth Community and we will form Earth Government. Earth management is a priority and is a duty by every responsible person.
Earth Government will now be formed, and we want you to reflect on future effects of such an event on the history of humanity. Certainly one will expect extraordinary changes: a reorganizing of human activities all over the planet; participation by all societies on the planet in solving local and global problems; new alliances forming; north meeting with south (eradication of poverty will be the price to pay to get votes from the south) in order to gather more votes within the newly created Earth Government to satisfy power struggles between European, Asian and Western countries; adoption of democratic principles, human rights, global concepts, and universal values by every human being; expansion of consciousness; gathering and coordinating of forces to resolve social and political problems in a peaceful way (no more conflicts or wars); gathering and coordinating of forces (technologies, scientific research, exploration work, human resources, etc.) to resolve global problems such as global climate, environment, availability of resources, poverty, employment, etc. Thousands more changes!
Let your heart and mind reflect on 'the good' of a democratically elected Earth Government. Everyone is part of Earth Community by birth and therefore everyone has a right to vote. Everyone should be given a chance to vote. If you live in a developing country this time you will have a vote, human rights like all of us, you will be part of Earth Community, and we will stand by you. Decisions will be made democratically. You will finally have a voice and a friend, many friends, within Earth Government and Earth Community. Your lives have values just like all of ours.
In August 2002 I expect no less than a gathering of a million people in Toronto. I want you to start savings now and come show you support to forming a democratically elected Earth Government. Come by air, sea, land! Walk if you have to. Bring a sleeping bag! But come! Let us show our determination in wanting what is rightfully ours to manage: Earth.
To members of Earth Community Organization and new Participants
Summarizing results and Closing Ceremonies for the conference will be held August 17-22, 2002 in the Toronto area, Ontario, Canada.
The theme of the new Global Dialogue on Earth Management - all Peoples together is "Earth Government for Earth Community, a grassroots process". Earth has long been waiting for a truly global governing body based on universal values, global concepts and democracy. Earth Government might as well be created now, there is no longer any reason to wait. We are the Earth Community and we will form Earth Government. Earth management is a priority and is a duty of every responsible person on Earth. Also, part of the theme is the concern of all issues related to the management of Earth with respect to the availability of resources, the environment, social and economic development aspects. All these issues and concerns were discussed during the World Congress on Managing and Measuring Sustainable Development - Global Community Action 1 held on August 2000. Now for the next stage - the management of Earth. We found during the World Congress that there were several universal values and global concepts that connect all communities and societies to each other. Proper Earth management is a necessity and requires all peoples to unite and actually manage the planet. Local and global policies need to be developed and implemented by every community. Every person on Earth is responsible for this very important duty. The time for action is now - positive and constructive actions to sustain Earth. The new Global Dialogue on Earth Management - all Peoples together has the mandate to conduct and implement positive and constructive actions all over the planet. It is a grassroots process involving everyone as part of Earth Community. Participants from all sectors and walks of life will describe and explain the actions they have performed in their own homes, communities or in any other place on the planet. Everyone is responsible for the proper management of Earth and therefore everyone is invited to submit research papers, Vision statements, actions conducted in sustaining Earth, results of brain-storming exercises, comments and recommendations.
All previous announcements are also posted on the The Global Community WebNet. The new Global Dialogue is well on its way. We have received excellent abstracts and a few papers have already been submitted. They are posted on this website. Original papers cover all issues including Earth Management issues. Several Discussion Roundtables are in the process of being organized. The final deadline for submission of individual abstracts and papers, videos, presentations, panel discussions and workshop proposals, facilitated groups, and of photographic, poster and dramatic displays dealing with pertinent themes, and students' creative work is March 24, year 2002. Make sure you include recommendations, policies or workable sound solutions in your abstract and Paper. Read the criteria for submission in the Call for Papers.
There are no registration fees required from anyone.
We are asking members of Earth Community and participants in the global dialogue to submit any of the following work:
* A research paper(s) as per scientific criteria described in the Call for Papers; your paper is a publication and will appear in the Proceedings to be published shortly after the conference in August 2002. Abstracts are now published in the Preliminary Program. Please verify that your information was entered properly by clicking the following sections on the main index of Earth Community Organization.
* Your Vision of Earth in year 2024; we are referring you to the World Congress on Managing and Measuring Sustainable Development - Global Community Action 1 for more details on how this may be accomplished (the Vision statement has been updated to show results obtained during the World Congress); however, this time a new element has been added - an interim Earth Government will be formed soon and we want you to reflect on future effects of such an event on the history of humanity. Certainly one will expect extraordinary changes: a reorganizing of human activities all over the planet; participation by all societies on the planet in solving local and global problems; new alliances forming and/or old ones strenghtening; north meeting with south (eradication of poverty will be the price to pay to get votes from the south) in order to gather more votes within the newly created Earth Government to satify power struggles between European countries, Asian countries and the Western countries; adoption of democratic principles, human rights, global concepts, and universal values by every human being; expansion of consciousness; gathering of forces to resolve social and political problems in a peaceful way (no more conflicts and wars); gathering of forces (technologies, scientific research, exploration work, human resources, etc.) to resolve global problems such as global climate, environment, resources, poverty, employment, etc. Thousands more changes! Let your heart and mind reflect on 'the good' of a democratically elected Earth Government. There is so much to learn from one another! And we have no choice! It was well explained during the World Congress on Managing and Measuring Sustainable Development - Global Community Action 1 that this is a natural reaction for the survival of our species. Our species is in the process to rid itself of old ways, old thoughts that dont work and are threatening its survival on Earth. Certainly we all see this is happening! It is an evolutionary stage in our development and the leap will be completed within a generation.
* Results of brain-storming exercises on issues (see list of all issues in the previous global dialogue).
* The design of an Earth flag; a campaign to create an Earth flag is going on right now and I call upon and encourage students from all over the planet to participate in the design of the Earth flag. It will be their first unified achievement. Children's education is also part of the theme for this global dialogue. There is a need to train the next generation in the skills of collaborating in the future management of global change, which will be vital to survival. Students of all levels (school, college, technical, university) are invited to participate in Earth Community projects. They are asked to produce any creative work of their vision of what Earth Management - all Peoples together can accomplish ~ in the fields of zoology, biology, on history, on geography, on social and political sciences, on agriculture, energy, earth sciences, forestry, communications, wilderness, pollution, on the water supplies of the world, poverty, employment, social justice, human rights, universal values, global concepts, business and economy, availability of resources and so on.
* Comments and recommendations on ideas proposed so far and on research papers to be submitted; we want to hear your opinion and views.
* Positive and constructive actions in sustaining Earth. These are actions learned from the previous Global Dialogue or new ones. Participants from all sectors of life will describe and explain actions that they have performed in their own homes, communities, business places or in any other places on the planet. Depending on whether we find a sponsor to promote the Global Dialogue we hope to be able to present your videos, CDs or other productions on our website.
* Articles for publishing in December 2000 Newsletters and making them available on the Internet. Newsletters will be posted on Earth Community website (to be made available soon). Make sure you specify that it is an article for the Newsletters and not a research paper.
As was previously done August 2000, during the World Congress on Managing and Measuring Sustainable Development - Global Community Action 1, this new Global Dialogue will also have people from all over the planet participating interactively from their own homes, communities, universities or other community sites. The Internet and email will be used to communicate results and Proceedings. But this time we will also have a physical site for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies and a period for summarizing results during August 17-22, 2002.
We are now accepting proposals for a physical site for the year 2002 Global Dialogue. A Trade Show will be part of the conference. Individuals, businesses and organizations with pertinent products and services, new and sustainable techniques and technologies, and art works may sent their proposals as well.
Between now and August 2002 we will have created the Interim Earth
Government for Earth Community. The Interim Earth Government for Earth
Community will govern for as long as necessary to create the democratic
structure of the government and to put in place the voting system it
requires. Officers and Ministers of the Interim Earth Government will be required to
work as a team. I am the first President.
(I was in fact elected by acclamation during the World Congress. Over the past several years we have invited the world to participate in forming the Earth Community Organization;
during the World Congress, I was the only one who wanted to be President and the greater majority of our members have accepted me; in the meantime we changed
our name to Earth Government but the global concepts, universal values, democracy are all the same; just the name has changed).
I will choose my team. Those interested to become officers or ministers please submit your CV,
three references, and a five page essay on why you want to become an officer
or a minister. There is an urgent need to fill the following positions:
Vice-president, Secretary-General (this position was created and reserved for the United Nations Secretary General),
Minister of Human and Family Development,
Minister of Environment, Minister of
Resources, Minister of Economic Development, Minister of Social Development,
Minister of Earth Negotiations, Minister of the Earth flag, Minister of Earth Council and Earth Charter.
Several criteria will be taken into account: qualifications of the candidate
for leadership, past record as a good citizen, no criminal records, your
own financial support (we dont have any funds to pay anyone and for anything),
and proven experience and competence in the position. Candidates work strictly
on a volunteer basis. You are also required to have accepted in your heart
and mind universal values, global concepts, democratic principles, and
human rights as obtained and defined in the previous global dialogue. The
immediate goals of Earth Government are to help humanity and other governments
in the world. For now, several of our objectives are very similar to those
of the Global Community Assessment Centre. The deadline for submission
of your proposal is January 1st, 2001.
Perhaps a question on everyone's mind is how do
we get billions of people to vote democratically for the Earth Government?
This may seems like an impossible task. What voting system would satisfy us all? This is an issue and also a Discussion Roundtable.
Headquarters are at the address shown below but will be moved after a properly conducted democratic election. In the mean time the interim Earth Government will administer the affairs.
Take this opportunity to make all life on Earth better.
May the DIVINE WILL come into our lives and show
us the way.
Phone: (519) 829-3629
Websites of The Global Community
Copyright Earth Government